Thursday, June 2, 2011

Full Term

Tuesday marked the fact that I am officially full term with this pregnancy.  There is a certain feeling of relief that I made it this far which I am always grateful for.  I know how important it is for this baby to stay put as long as possible.  While I am so over being pregnant, I really don't want this baby coming early.

I didn't take a picture and I would, but today I am wearing the same thing I wore in the last picture I posted.  So just picture me slightly bigger and there you go.  I had my midwife appointment on Tuesday.  The baby is for sure head down (yay) and other than that, everything else is going well.  People seem to think that I am huge, but I think a large part of it is my weight gain this time around.  It's definitely less than with Eddie, but I started this pregnancy up a few pounds.  So basically I am hanging out right around what I was last time when Eddie came (maybe slightly less).  I attribute this lack of weight gain to heartburn, which has been far worse.  Fortunately during last week's appointment, I was able to get on something stronger, so it hasn't been an issue really anymore.  But now I have no space in my stomach. 

So - 3-5 weeks left!  We're still working on baby prep, but it's coming along and I feel like we are in a good shape should this baby come early (which it probably won't!)

In other family news - this past weekend Uncas and I went to concert on Friday night.  It was one of my favorite bands, so I really didn't want to pass it up.  I was a little worried being 9 months pregnant, but it worked out and I am so glad that I didn't miss the show.  It was a great one!

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key.  We are in the transition (I think) of switching Eddie to one nap a day.  It's been a little tough, but he's still been in good spirits.  I would like to have this figured out before the baby comes - that's for sure. 

And speaking of Eddie - I should really do a post on just him.  He is doing so well.  I love this age!  He is so much fun!  He loves to play with dishes (we got him a little set of his own pots and pans), loves to read, play with his puzzles, run around and loves being outside.  He is doing so well with the signing he knows (I really need to teach him more signs!).  He also loves to help out with stuff, like throwing things in the trash or recycling.  It's so cute to see the little things that he picks up without us even teaching him - using the hand towels to wipe his hands or licking his finger to turn the page in a book (he must have gotten that from me!)  Our biggest issues are him terrorizing the dog and at times kicking when changing his diaper.  But he's a good listener and likes to give hugs to his Mama and Dada.  He also likes to rub my tummy and put his head on it, which is so cute!

1 comment: