Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2 Months

Time seems to by flying by - it's hard to believe that Edith is already two months.  She's getting so big already.  She won't have her 2 month appointment at the doctor's until Sept. 6, so I'll update her stats after that date.  Here's what has been going on this month:

Eating - she is still a great nurser.  She'll take the bottle sometimes, but we haven't really tried that much.  So far, she hasn't had anything but breast milk, and she clearly seems to be growing just fine.  She rarely spits up, which is nice.  I was used to Eddie's huge spit-ups - what a mess!

Sleeping - she is getting much better at this.  We have transitioned her to the crib during the nights.  She seems to sleep a lot better up there.  Currently she'll go about 5-7 hours during the first stretch and then 2-3 hours the next.  So far she has slept through the night (about 8+ hours) three times!  It's great when she does, but I know it's still early, so I don't expect that it will be the norm just yet.  I have been taking the kids on walks in the mornings, and Edith falls asleep in the Ergo every time.

Playing - she is having longer awake periods and she loves to talk and coo.  She'll also smile too.  She loves watching Eddie.  Just recently she discovered the dog, but she really doesn't notice him that much.  She likes to kick things hanging above her feet.  I would say over all she moves around less than Eddie, but she's still pretty active.  She's also discovered her hands and loves to chew on them!

Other - She doesn't love bath time all the time.  In fact, the past two times she has cried.  I'm not sure if she is just tired, or if she really doesn't like the water.  She will sit still way more than Eddie ever did, but she also likes to kick her legs.  She loves to coo and talk and while she doesn't smile all the time, I would say she is fairly content.  She sometimes comes across as being rather fussy - especially when we have company, but since I am with her all day, every day, I can assure you that she really is a pretty good baby.  She tends to cry most when she is over tired or hungry.  She also likes to fight sleep, so she often gets over tired.  But fortunately she still sleeps quite a bit!

So far the monthly photos are really easy to take!



No comments:

Post a Comment